I wrote this when my blog first started, and I think it’s still pretty damn relevant, and more people need to know about this.
Dear Kerri Rivera and Jim Humble, you have created the Magical Mineral Solution (MMS) to try to cure children of autism. Before we talk about the details of MMS, I have something I would like to say to you:
For those of you who haven’t heard of MMS otherwise known as chlorine dioxide (CD), it’s something designed to supposedly cure autism. It’s used as both drops in the mouth and as enemas. Now, at it’s absolute basics, MMS begins as sodium chlorite diluted in water. Sodium chlorite is used for things like mouthwashes and toothpastes and as a preservative. In the right doses, it’s not exceptionally harmful or problematic. So…
Where does chlorine dioxide come into the picture and what is it? Let’s get all science-y up in here.
I’ll start with the last question first, because I’m that spiffy. Sodium chlorite’s chemical formula is NaClO2, which is probably pronounced Naclottoo if chemical formulas were pronounced how they looked. What it actually means is that it’s a combination of one part sodium, one part chlorine and two parts oxygen.
With MMS, it is instructed to mix this solution with some citric acid, like lemon juice for “activation”. Here’s where things get really fun! See, when you mix sodium chlorite with citric acid, it becomes (oh this is exciting!)
Chlorine dioxide is chemically known as ClO2 aka one part chlorine and two parts oxygen. It’s used for things like disinfecting, water purification and bleaching.
Why yes reader, thanks for asking! Chlorine dioxide is an extremely powerful agent used for cleaning and bleaching and is extremely toxic very quickly. In fact OSHA’s 8 hour exposure limit to the gas is a limit of 0.1 parts per million (ppm) for those working with it. The U.S. EPA sets a limit of .8mg/L allowable within drinking water, and CD can cause acute renal failure if ingested at or above amounts of about 1 gram.
So why all the blabbing about limits and this that and the other thing? Because science!
And also because it’s important to know when you get down to the instructions provided for the use of MMS. It’s promoted to cure a multitude of things, but here’s how you give drops and enemas of what is essentially bleach to autistic kids! Are you excited? I know Jim and Kerri are.
When applying MMS to your wonderful child, you want to make sure to have a concentration of 3 grams, or 25034.8 PPM into 120 ml (.12 L) of distilled water. Hey! It’s those science-y number things again. Before we get to those, we’ll head over to application. Make sure to take your precious little autistic kid and feed them the solution (force feed if they don’t like it, it’s good for them) and/or shove it up their ass. That’ll do the trick! Do it enough times and you won’t have to worry about the autisms anymore! It will get rid of that nasty autisms and in the process it will get rid of all the worms in your precious child’s stomach!
Worms? What the hell are you talking about?
Oh yes, the wonderful worms, the autism causing worms. The ones that these kids poop out, thanks to your handy dandy MMS. Isn’t it wonderful, they’re getting better!
Actually those “worms” are more than likely bits of stomach and intestinal lining being ripped from these poor kids stomachs because, you know, bleach isn’t good to drink, but that doesn’t stop those that follow the MMS protocol.