Thank you Zoe, over at Zoe’s Mental Notes, I’ve never heard of this before, but it’s really sweet sunshine ^.^
The Liebster Award is online recognition given by bloggers to other new bloggers for enjoying or valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit favorite new up and coming blogs within our writing community.
The rules are:
- Share the blog that nominated you and thank them.
- Answer the blogger’s 11 questions.
- Give 11 random facts about you.
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award.
- Notify the bloggers of your nomination.
- Give 11 questions for them to answer.
In answer to Zoe’s questions:
1.Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging because Eleanor made me do it. Just kidding. Sort of. We had talked and talked and talked about her blogging, and it started getting me really interested in trying it out. I figured I would put some things out there and see what happened, and the response has been pretty overwhelming.
2. What was your most significant writing moment?
I don’t even know. Well, I guess it would have been my post about my problems with the concept of passing, which received over 1000 views in three days, and I’m still kind of mind blown about it.
3. What is your weirdest sensory like or dislike? (Most liked/hated smell/taste/sound, etc?)
4. Who was your first love? And why did you love them?
My first love was the girl that I started dating the summer before 8th grade. She was my world. We continued dating until the middle of 10th grade, which is a pretty damn long time for a couple so young. She was so pretty and funny. We were able to have beautiful conversations, and just kick back and enjoy life together.
5. What is your favorite talent and how did you discover it?
I absolutely adore playing music. It’s been a part of my life since before I can remember. It started with a thumb piano that I just messed around on, I ended up getting a piano, and well, 20 years and multiple instruments later, I’m still loving my music.
6. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Torture people with bad puns.
7. What does your dream life look like in 10 years? The more specific the better!
My dream life in 10 years. Oh man… I try not to look at the future too much, but let’s see here. I would definitely have surgery well out of the way. My music would be better well known, and I’d be selling my art. The business that R and I own would be producing all of our income, and we’d have a real store front. I would have R and the kids in my life, and it would be cool to have partner(s) at that point that I am very much in love with.
9. How do you handle a stressful day?
I tend to make music, or listen to music, or think about music, or look up new music. You know. Music. Or games. Games are good too.
10. What’s your favorite quote?
“A painter paints his picture on canvas, but musicians paint there pictures on silence. We provide the music, and you provide the silence.”
– Leopold Stokowski, founder of the New York City Symphony Orchestra
“Shit happens, then you flush.”
-A life motto from yours truly
11. What advice can you give to other bloggers in regards to staying healthy?
11 Random Facts About Me
- Alien and Predator are my two favorite movie series
- I have had night terrors my whole life
- Purple and green together is a really bad trigger for me
- I’m a total gamer nerd
- I’m a musician
- One of my current life mottos is “shit happens, then you flush”
- I love hot showers but am wary of water
- When I was a hardcore metal head/punk in high school, I secretly loved Spice Girls
- I’ve played piano (20 years and still going!), violin, drums, nearly all percussion section instruments, saxophone, trombone, guitar, flute and clarinet (I think that’s all)
- I split my knee open on a metal vent when I was a kid because I jumped off my bed. I was playing as Batman. When asked what I learned, my response was “I should have been Superman, he can actually fly.”
- I often wonder how my brother thinks of my transition. He grew up with an older brother that was a complete asshole to him, and how he has an older sister that’s very protective of him.
I would like to nominate the following for the Liebster Award:
- Mara at justtranslikeme
- Dara at Conversations With a Gender Therapist
- Aaron at Aaron K. Collett
- Alex at Midori Skies
- Jas at ReclusiveDreams
- Liliana at I Don’t Stand Still
- Caspar at siriuslypadfoot
- Dave at dave94015
- Meg at Fisticuffs and Shenanigans
- Eleanor Skelton at The Girl Who Once Lived in a Box
- Laurie Works at Laurie Works
Questions for Nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
Just for shits and grins really. I thought it would be entertaining. I actually didn’t think I would keep up on it, because I’m usually really bad at doing any journaling type of thing, but here I am 5 months later with over 250 posts!
- Name 3 of your favorite authors/poets, and why you like them.
Dean Koontz: I just absolutely adore his writing. His books are so fascinating, and incredibly scary at times. He’s also really good at bringing his characters to life and giving them their own true voices.
J.K. Rowling: Harry freaking Potter. What else can I say?
R.L. Stein: I grew up obsessing over Goosebumps, and I still love going back and reading them.
- Do you have any pets or significant animals in your life?
I do! There are two really awesome and adorable puppy dogs in my life ^.^ There are also my stuffed animals. My stuffies are very important to me.
- Do you have any tattoos?
I do! I love body modification ^.^ I have a half sleeve with a koi fish and three flowers (a rose, a lily and a lotus), another half sleeve of tribal, working on turning most of it into a biomechanical piece. I have falling feathers that are turning into crows flying across my stomach, and the quote “It can’t rain all the time” on my forearm.
- What has been your greatest achievement so far?
Graduating from The Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences with a 4.0 GPA.
- What do you do daily to keep yourself as mentally healthy as possible?
I’m working on learning that right now.
- What city do you live in and how do you feel about it?
I keep where I live quiet, but how I feel about it? The view is super nice, but I hate the city itself. Being a trans, lesbian atheist in a conservative city doesn’t go over so well.
- What is your favorite meal?
The one with food in it.
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
Flying. I’ve always wanted to fly so badly, and I still curse evolution for not giving primates wings.
- Who living or dead would you like to meet? (up to 3 people)
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- What inanimate object annoys you more than anything else
Alarm clocks. All of them should be smooshed to tiny little bits with extreme prejudice.